Tuesday, September 13, 2011

When I Grow Up...

When I grow up… my goal is to own a thriving and successful production company and production studios. My desire is to be a producer because I enjoy being in charge of the creative content’s execution. I think my niche will be in documentaries, and content centered on the portrayals and representations of African Americans in the media, but I also hope to find success in other veins of media such as situation comedies, docu-series, and various genres of film.

I am passionate about documentaries because I enjoy the unveiling of real life situations that screen writers and script editors have no control over. Life is the best story ever told, and that’s what I want to give to my audience, real life situations that educate, entertain, and inspire.

I hope that taking advanced videography will help me exercise my narrative lens, because I tend to wait to see how things turn out, rather than thinking sequentially or in terms of a story line. Therefore, I am hoping to expand my knowledge and increase my ability to visual storytelling.

Furthermore, I have never had hands-on training with the use lighting in the field because all the lighting techniques I learned about were in studio, so I am looking forward to learning how to effectively  use lights, filters, screens, and lenses to set the tone of whatever emotion I choose to evoke. 

Being a successful producer is my goal, but I would like to know how to do everything: cinematography, directing, editing, screen writing etc…. so I’m looking forward to honing new skills in all aspects of production.

I also hope to establish some good relationships for the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment