Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Artist In Me

I am passionate about documentaries because I enjoy the unveiling of real life situations that screen writers and script editors have no control over. Life is the best story ever told, and that’s what I want to give to audiences, real life situations that educate, entertain, and inspire. I hope to share the lived experiences of everyday people with the masses by captivating their attention with the beauty of simplicity and rawness. When I say simplicity I don’t mean boring, unelaborate and plain, but rather, clear, understandable and smooth. I want raw, unadulterated emotion to be conveyed through my work. I would love for every viewing to be a pleasant and meaningful experience for audiences.


“To thine own self be true” is my motto in life. I hope to maintain authenticity in my work by letting the story unveil itself without compromising its truth with my own perceptions of what a ‘’good story’’ is. Authenticity does not come natural. It is easier to fit in and conform to what is acceptable, popular and commonplace. But, I hope to burn all bridges to commonplace. I have no desire to be like anyone else. I have no desire to be like any other producer, director, cinematographer, etc… I am happy being me. I want to produce work that hasn't compromised who I am or what I stand for. Apart of me wishes I had more to say about what I am, or who I aspire to be, but I don’t. I’m just me. An aspiring legendary producer with plans of letting  my work speak for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment